grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Fwd: [comanage-tac] Fwd: [collab-intl] VOOT proof of concept

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Fwd: [comanage-tac] Fwd: [collab-intl] VOOT proof of concept

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Cc: Niels van Dijk <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Fwd: [comanage-tac] Fwd: [collab-intl] VOOT proof of concept
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:55:53 -0600

More VOOT. This foodle POC is a good model for one way that a box.net integration with grouper might be styled, which leads to several questions. How should an oauth-protected opensocial provider for grouper be designed? Can we use someone else's (SAML-protected) oauth server, and are there opensocial parts that are re-usable in our context?

And then there's the business of managing which groups it might make sense to expose to a given external service like foodle or box.net. The usual criteria seem to be either (1) groups I'm a member of or (2) groups I can manage. Probably both need some qualification in our context, either because sometimes a user belongs to groups having very large membership, or sometimes a user can manage a large number of groups. What role should the enterprise have in making such choices, and what role should the user have?

Tom