grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] change log GROUP_UPDATE actions ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] change log GROUP_UPDATE actions ?

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] change log GROUP_UPDATE actions ?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 15:06:58 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

If you look at Group.java (line 5633 in trunk), you can see how the fields
are specified.

GrouperUtil.toList(FIELD_NAME, FIELD_PARENT_UUID, FIELD_DESCRIPTION,
FIELD_DISPLAY_EXTENSION),

Extension changes will update the name too so that would be covered.
Though I'm not sure why the last is displayExtension instead of
displayName.

If a group is moved from one stem to another, you'll see similar group
updates for the group name and parent stem id. Though I think some
directories (at least by default or based on configuration) don't allow
moving an object like that.

Thanks!

-- Shilen

On 10/28/11 7:21 PM, "Tom Zeller"