grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldap loader

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldap loader

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldap loader
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:07:47 -0500

This looks quite good. If I understand it correctly, one can configure it to maintain a grouper group's membership to reflect either the membership of an ldap group, or the set of entries returned by some other ldap query, ie, based on the attributes and their values for those entries.

For maintaining a list of groups I can see how you can reflect membership in a set of groups corresponding to the unique values of a specific attribute (eg, eduPersonAffiliation), since those unique values can form the name extension of the corresponding group. Are there other supported scenarios for reflecting a list of groups? And are there any issues to worry about with ldap attribute values being used to form grouper group names? Ie, charset differences, that sort of thing?

If a site is using ldap as a subject source and also wants to use it as a grouper loader source, do they need to use and declare two different sets of ldap connection params, or can both use the same config for that?