grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] uPortal GroupStore - ws queries for channels

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] uPortal GroupStore - ws queries for channels

  • From: Arnaud Deman <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] uPortal GroupStore - ws queries for channels
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:23:45 +0200

Hello,

I am working on the uPortal/Grouper integration with the Internet2
GroupStore.

I have noticed there is unnecessary queries with ids of channels
resulting in SubjectNotFoundException for the web service.

May be that's specific to our context, but as we know that our Gropuer groups
don't contain channel definitions, these operations could be avoided.

In the method findContainingGroups(IGroupMember) in the class
GrouperEntityGroupStore
I have added this test based on the type of the underlying entity:

public Iterator findContainingGroups(IGroupMember gm) throws GroupsException {

final List<IEntityGroup> parents = new LinkedList<IEntityGroup>();

if (gm.getEntityType() == IChannelDefinition.class) {
return parents.iterator();
}
(...)

Does this sound reasonable?