grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] [OT] generate cert which expires at a specific time ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] [OT] generate cert which expires at a specific time ?

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] [OT] generate cert which expires at a specific time ?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

Anyone know how to generate a cert which expires at a specific time ?

I think the best I can do is set -days 1 and run the test the next
day, at the same time I generated the cert. This is awkward.

(I am trying to test the code which should do the right thing when a
source becomes unavailable)

Use a script to continually sign the request, say every 5 minutes. Then you'll always have a certificate that'll expire in 5 minutes or less.

Jim