grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] removed _trunk from some projects, maven multi-module, snapshots

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] removed _trunk from some projects, maven multi-module, snapshots

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] removed _trunk from some projects, maven multi-module, snapshots
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:40:59 -0500

> So when I branch, should I not rename the projects?  And you are saying to
> open multiple versions at once to use different eclipse workspaces, right?

Well, yeah, don't rename projects for branches and tags, that should
be controlled by <version>. And yeah, I think workspaces per version
is the way to go, but perhaps someone with more maven experience can
chime in.

The parent pom defines the path to the child projects :

<modules>
<module>../morphString</module>
<module>../subject</module>
<module>../grouperClient</module>
<module>../grouper</module>
<module>../grouper-shib</module>
<module>../ldappcng</module>
</modules>

and the version is defined, in children, by

<parent>
<groupId>edu.internet2.middleware.grouper</groupId>
<artifactId>grouper-parent</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<relativePath>../grouper-parent</relativePath>
</parent>

So, I guess, you could rename these paths for branches and tags, but
that might get unwieldly.