grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] grouper api subjectfinder and subjectresolver

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] grouper api subjectfinder and subjectresolver

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] grouper api subjectfinder and subjectresolver
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 23:50:15 -0500

Hey,

When we designed WS we simplified subject searches to:

Id
Identifier
Id/source
Identifier/source
IdOrIdentifier
IdOrIdentifier/source

Originally in the grouper API you could put subject type in there too. I'm
fixing some caching issues and I would like to deprecate the subjectfinder
methods that use type, delete the subject resolver methods that use type,
and standardize on the above possibilities. I would think you would only
disagree if you are using the API directly and you have subject sources with
the same Id but different type... So... Anyone object?

Thanks,
chris

  • [grouper-dev] grouper api subjectfinder and subjectresolver, Chris Hyzer, 02/06/2011