grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] Re: point in time web services

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] Re: point in time web services

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] Re: point in time web services
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 13:22:39 -0500

OK thanks Chris.  I'll start with getMembers and see where that takes me.

Do you think it might make sense to only look at groups, stems, and attributes that currently exist for these queries?  So for instance, say a group was created on 1/1/2010 that had some memberships and was deleted after a few days.  Then a group (different uuid but same name) got added on 1/1/2011 possibly by somebody else.  If a point in time query is made for all memberships of the group (based on a group name query) that existed on or before 1/2/2011, should that ignore the ones from the prior group that was deleted?  Also, I'm assuming for security that you have to be a current admin of the group.

Thanks!

-- Shilen