grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper-dev Call 4-Aug-2010

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper-dev Call 4-Aug-2010

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper-dev Call 4-Aug-2010
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:12:02 -0400

> I think we've defined "external" as "outside of an institution's idm
> system", and "federated" as "external and resolvable".

I was thinking of external as outside an institutions idm, and federated, as
external and participating in a federation.

Whether or not the subject is in a federation, I don't know how they will be
resolved remotely, both types needs to have attributes cached locally.

Though I do agree that eventually it might be possible to have a federation
wide subject repository, I didn't picture building that anytime soon.

So essentially, external and federated are treated similarly for now I would
think.