grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] after 1.6.0 getting db error

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] after 1.6.0 getting db error

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] after 1.6.0 getting db error
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:52:27 -0400

OK, thanks, I changed the upgrade instructions to look out for this in
postgres. Postgres and hsql and the SQL standard seem pretty limited in this
respect compared to mysql and oracle. I don't know of a good solution.

- If we add "cascade" to the drop view statements, that might drop
institution views built on Grouper views, and dropping someone's code isn't a
good idea
- If we do "create or replace" on the create statement, then if the column
signatures change, it wont work.

If anyone has ideas let me know.

In the meantime I edited the upgrade instructions to explain this.