grouper-dev - OT : spml blog posts

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

OT : spml blog posts

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: OT : spml blog posts
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:13:10 -0500

I was working on the wiki, when I came across some blog posts (from
this past Spring) regarding spml. I don't particularly like spml that
much (I mean, how can anyone like xml), but there's just nothing else
out there (right ?) besides custom APIs (for example, google).

Not that anyone has time, but here are the links :

http://identityblog.burtongroup.com/bgidps/2010/02/spml-is-on-life-support-.html

"SPML is on life support...but it (or something like it) is desperately
needed"

http://identityblog.burtongroup.com/bgidps/2010/02/spml-life-support-redux.html

“Is SPML on life support? Not quite, judging from all the RFP
requests that still ask for it to be supported.” SPML needs a better
implementation, better standardization, and a champion (Oracle).

http://identitynetworks.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/provisioning-will-spml-emerge/

Paraphrase : If not SPML, then virtual LDAP directories or SAML ?