grouper-dev - RE: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 00:25:30 -0400

> > Then maybe we need to return all subjects, and not just the id, right?
> > Or do you want two strings for each subject?  Id and netId (identifier)?
> > Btw, to return all subject info for all subjects with 540k of them takes
> > a lot of memory...
>
> So, how about Iterator<Subject> getAllSubjects() ?

You could do that in ldap?

> I was just wanting a single Set<String> of either id or identifier so
> I could then query for each Subject in turn.

Got it. Yeah, then a list of subjectIds is probably the best. For the
iterator it would need to be a callback so the statement could be closed and
the connection returned to pool. E.g.

source.allSubjectsProcessor(new ProcessorCallback() {
public void process(int index, Subject subject) {
//do some logic to the ldap...
}

});

So like I said, the list of ids is probably better and easier for source
implementers to do... a little while ago I added
Source.getSubjectsByIds(Collection<String>) which could speed things up here
perhaps...