grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] SVN, new build server, 1.5.1 build

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] SVN, new build server, 1.5.1 build

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] SVN, new build server, 1.5.1 build
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:41:51 -0600

I tried all build scripts and they worked for me.

The api builder had an error message about a missing *.zip file. Seemed superfluous to me - we don't build zips, right?

A small request: can the tarballs all be named grouper-[api,ui,qs,ws,cl]-N.N.N.tar.gz? To be consistent with past naming practice (well, and to bring grouperClient into the same scheme finally).

Now, if I can just find the time to build some of this stuff to make sure it works...

Tom

Chris Hyzer wrote:
Hey,

I got the SVN scripts working on the new build server: i2mibuild.internet2.edu

I installed Java/ant, tweaked them (not sure how it will work for you with svn for logins, you might need to run a straight svn command against the repository to login, then you wont need to).

We can only build against tags now, not branches or trunk, fyi. If we need to build a branch or trunk, I need to adjust the scripts.

I followed the release steps, moved all version.propreties to 1.5.1, and built all the packages (in same place on new server, /home/mchyzer/temp/grouper*/build_mchyzer

In order for someone else to be able to run a build, you should copy my /home/mchyzer/.bash_profile into your own, and logout/login.

Finally, since some things are different from before, we should probably do a bit more testing than normal. J