Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: Grouper Dev <>, Grouper Users <>,
- Subject: Announcing Grouper v1.5.0
- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:56:14 -0600
The Internet2 Middleware Initiative announces the release of Grouper version 1.5.0. The Grouper Groups Management Toolkit is designed to function as the core element of a common infrastructure for managing group information across integrated applications and repositories. It enables project managers, departments, institutions, and end-users to create and manage institutional and personal groups.
Grouper v1.5.0 includes many fixes and improvements over v1.4.2. See the full list in the release notes, along with the software links and documentation, available from the Grouper website:
* Lite UI - An AJAX-based widget simplifies some end user interactions. Available in two ways: free-standing, or integrated within the Administrative UI.
* Audit - Who took which management actions when is recorded and made available for viewing and reporting.
* Move and Copy - Move or copy groups and folders to other folders, with the option to preserve old group names so that applications may continue to refer to the old name.
* Notification - Real-time notification of group, folder, membership, and privilege changes are available through the Grouper API.
Attribute framework - Assign custom attributes to groups, memberships, folders, and other attributes.
* Roles and Permissions - Support for Roles and Role hierarchies. Permissions can be attached to Roles or to Memberships in Roles.
* Shibboleth integration - The integration of Shibboleth's Attribute Resolver within LDAPPC provides substantial attribute calculation capabilities. Also, memberships and group attributes can be accessed directly by a Shibboleth IdP.
Tom Barton, U. Chicago, Grouper Project Lead
on behalf of the Grouper Developers
- Announcing Grouper v1.5.0, Tom Barton, 12/16/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.