grouper-dev - attribute framework and 1.5.0 status

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

attribute framework and 1.5.0 status

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: attribute framework and 1.5.0 status
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:00:31 -0400

Hey,

I would like to consider myself done with features for the attribute framework for 1.5.0 (I bet some recent work means some tests don’t work, so I will fix that).

Since the member meeting I added support for delegation, hierarchical actions (e.g. in Grouper privileges an ADMIN implies READ/UPDATE/VIEW), and specifying that an attribute can only be used on certain types of objects (e.g. only on stems, or only on groups/members [can be used on multiple types of objects])

Things which aren’t done for attributes which are on the top of my mind are:

1. API for attaching a freeform value on an attribute

2. API for multi-assigning an attributeName with same value

3. API for attaching multiple freeform values on an attribute

4. Locking down where in the namespace attributes can be used (e.g. only on objects in stem X, or only on objects with type Y)

  - This is important since if you start using attributes, and then we add constraints, there might be a migration step

5. Formatting and validation on attribute values

6. Adding hooks to attributes

7. Change log for attributes

8. Audits for attributes

These are the Jira issues which I would like to finish for 1.5.0:

ImprovementGRP-337 see if web service subject name can go to a name field in the wsSubject instead of attribute Chris Hyzer Chris Hyzer MinorOpenOpen UNRESOLVED 24/Oct/09 24/Oct/09   1.5.0 WS BugGRP-324 ui-lite doesnt work with IE8 Chris Hyzer Chris Hyzer MinorOpenOpen UNRESOLVED 17/Oct/09 17/Oct/09   1.5.0 UI BugGRP-321 change uuid length in db from 128 to 40 Chris Hyzer Chris Hyzer MajorOpenOpen UNRESOLVED 24/Sep/09 24/Sep/09   1.5.0 API BugGRP-320 subject API returns too many results and causes errors Chris Hyzer Chris Hyzer MajorOpenOpen UNRESOLVED 23/Sep/09 23/Sep/09   1.5.0 UI New FeatureGRP-284 add enabled/disabled dates to memberships Chris Hyzer Chris Hyzer MajorOpenOpen UNRESOLVED 04/Jun/09 14/Jul/09   1.5.0 API New FeatureGRP-235 should we consider adding gsh to ws and ui? maybe optionally? Chris Hyzer Chris Hyzer MajorOpenOpen UNRESOLVED 25/Feb/09 25/Feb/09   1.5.0 WS

Most of these are quick fixes, if not, they can be pushed off (with the exception of delete dates, we are 75% done with that so we should finish it).

  • attribute framework and 1.5.0 status, Chris Hyzer, 10/26/2009