grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Strange error while creating groups

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Strange error while creating groups

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Strange error while creating groups
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:25:37 -0400

I went ahead and made these fixed in 1.4 (synchronize the delete, and delete
the cache when GrouperSession stop()). Can you do three things? :

################################
1. Get the latest Grouper 1.4 branch API (if you aren't on 1.4.2, see the
change log for upgrade instructions):

cvs
-d:pserver::/home/cvs/i2mi
login

cvs
-d:pserver::/home/cvs/i2mi
export -r GROUPER_1_4_BRANCH grouper

cd grouper

export ANT_HOME=/home/appadmin/software/apache-ant-1.7.0

/home/appadmin/software/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant dist

###############################

2. Make sure to stop any GrouperSessions you use, in finally blocks

FROM:

public void resetGroupMembers(final DynamicGroupDefinition definition) {
try {
final GrouperSession session = GrouperSession.start(
SubjectFinder.findRootSubject(), false);
GrouperSession.callbackGrouperSession(session,
new ResetGroupMembersCallback(this, definition.getGroupUUID()));
} catch (SessionException e) {
LOGGER.error(e, e);
}
}

TO:

public void resetGroupMembers(final DynamicGroupDefinition definition) {
GrouperSession session = null;
try {
session = GrouperSession.start(SubjectFinder.findRootSubject(), false);
GrouperSession.callbackGrouperSession(session,
new ResetGroupMembersCallback(this, definition.getGroupUUID()));
} catch (SessionException e) {
LOGGER.error(e, e);
} finally {
GrouperSession.stopQuietly(session);
}
}

3. Try again and let me know how it goes...