grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Caching questions

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Caching questions

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Caching questions
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:51:26 -0400

Hey Arnaud,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

> Could you tell me if this is the expected behavior, with the caches
> associated to the sessions, or if I missed something ?

Do you mean "is this intended that we create hundreds of caches to do simple
tasks"? then I think the answer is no.

Or do you mean "is this intended behavior to associate caches with
GrouperSession"? I think the answer is yes.

Unfortunately when you initialize an EhCache controller, it will create all
caches configured in the config file. And Grouper was designed to have a
cache boundary in a GrouperSession, so with each new GrouperSession created,
there is a new EhCache controller, and all those dozens of caches.

We should profile this and see if it is a bottleneck... I added a Jira issue.