grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 24-Jun-09

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 24-Jun-09

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 24-Jun-09
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:17:22 -0400

> The difference is that lists are only there if you you define them for
> type and assign the type to a group. Actions are always there and are
> permission specific - but that just comes back to whether we should be

1. I think lists are global in Grouper. If you define a list, any group can
use it (right??) I didn't think you needed a type on the group

2. Types are only for attribute fields (I thought)

3. You use lists even if you don't define them, the default list is the
"members" list. You don't care about this, you just know you don't want
multiple, that is how the attribute assignment will be. It will be useful in
privileges, and if someone wants to use it for plain old attributes they will
be able to. If you don't need it, pretend like it isn't there, just like the
"members" list