grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Creation of "common views" when DB is initialised?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Creation of "common views" when DB is initialised?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Creation of "common views" when DB is initialised?
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 03:33:17 -0500

> Yes, I do have multiple schemata from different versions of Grouper
> (see attachment), which all belong to the same DB user. When installing
> a new version of Grouper, up to now I have usually saved copied of the
> old schema. I should probably tidy up (= delete) most of this stuff and
> just keep dumps as backup.
>
> What would the preferred method of switching to a new version in a
> production environment?

Yes, I do a similar thing in mysql, though the semantics are a little
different. I do the same thing in Oracle and it works fine. Well, if this
is the problem, then perhaps the working grouper needs to be in its own db
for postgres. And you can backup to a schema in a different DB (and multiple
backups could be in one db since they aren’t active). For now, maybe you
could try moving those backup schemas to a different DB on the same server,
and see if the gsh -registry -deep will complete without error...