grouper-dev - namespace transaction issue, and group name aliases

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

namespace transaction issue, and group name aliases

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: namespace transaction issue, and group name aliases
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 17:12:16 -0500

Btw, might there be grouper configuration that breaks due to someone renaming something?

e.g. the ldap provisioning example where the provisioned groups are from a stem in the ldappc.xml file, if someone moves that, then those might not get provisioned… if there is an alias, then it might, if it is sql driven, then it might not.

Also, I made a group name alias wiki a while back:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+aliases

I just added this:

Here is a potential table design:

table: grouper_group_alias

col: group_id

col: group_alias_name

col: last_edited

col: expire_timestamp

I guess we need another one for stem name aliases, or we can add that in to this one, with stem_id col... will we have aliases on other things too?  attributes, etc?  or just group names, and maybe stem names?  Is there a use case for stem aliases?  I cant think of one, except if a system is checking a stem privilege for some sort of access…  hmmm