grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper v1.4.1 now available

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper v1.4.1 now available

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Grouper Users <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper v1.4.1 now available
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:37:01 -0500

One last minute change in 1.4.1 that I didn't put in Jira until now (though
it was already in the release Tom announced) is the change from HSQL in file
mode to server mode as the default grouper DB:

So if you are used to getting grouper, initting the DB, and starting GSH...
now you will need to get grouper, start HSQL server, init the DB, and start
GSH (or whatever). The HSQL server is included (it's in the hsql jar), and
the command to start it is in the README.txt:

GROUPER_HOME% java -cp lib/jdbcSamples/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server
-database.0 file:grouper -dbname.0 grouper

The default configs now have this DB URL (e.g. in the
grouper.hibernate.properties):

jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/grouper

This is a more stable default configuration, and the unit tests work better.
:)

Another bonus is you can run the hsql admin tool to browse/admin the DB,
while running grouper (I think in file mode you can either run one or the
other at once... I believe in server mode you can multi-task):

GROUPER_HOME% java -cp lib/jdbcSamples/hsqldb.jar
org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager -url jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/grouper

ps. I also added a line to the release notes.