Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: upgrade grouper-ws axis2 1.3 to axis2 1.4.1
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 01:36:29 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
We are 1 year out of date on apache axis, and should upgrade.
I was really hoping this issue would be fixed since Axis developers said it would be fixed in 1.4.0, but apparently it is still open. I asked axis-dev again just now, we will see what they say.
Anyways, it is good to be up to date on Axis anyways. The XML which goes back and forth looks exactly the same. Samples still work. There are some upgrade steps if you run web services (see change log). Here is what I had to do to make this happen:
- download latest binary axis2 (in this case 1.4.1 from 1.3)
- delete all the old jars in grouper_ws/lib/axis.
- in the axis2 lib dir, copy all jars to lib/axis in grouper_ws.
- compare and merge axis.xml (only change in grouper_ws is the enabling of rest)
- Sanjay, can you check rampart to see if there is something to upgrade and make sure it works?
- copy and merge modules and services dirs and lists
- copy jars to generated client dir, and delete existing
- fix the classpaths of all projects (remove all jars, add new ones)
- run ant java2wsdl to generate wsdl
- compare wsdl to latest from HEAD, make sure not a lot of diffs (well, looks like things in different order, hard to tell if not compatible)
- do ant wsdl2java, then regular default ant
- delete 5 duplicate (of lib/grouper) jars from lib/axis as noted by startup config checking
- upgrade grouper-ws axis2 1.3 to axis2 1.4.1, Chris Hyzer, 10/21/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.