grouper-dev - GSH help text

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

GSH help text

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: GSH help text
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 23:02:15 -0400

Hey,

We discussed in the last call about the need for GSH help, right?

There is a help() command in GSH which displays all the command (at least, a bunch of them, not sure if all).  Anyways, we could get this up to date, or make it more sophisticated… we could easily have a menu type help system:

gsh-0.1.1 0% help()

GSH is Grouper Shell.  It is an interpreted shell for invoking Grouper operations.

Please clarify which part of GSH you would like help with, e.g.

help(“group”)

help(“stem”)

help(“registry”)

… and we will list all of them …

Then when one is specified, we can give a bunch of info about those operations… maybe copied from the WIKI.

Anyways, when GSH starts up, I printed out how to get help and the URL of the wiki.  Here is what it prints now…

Regards,

Chris

Type help() for instructions, or visit: https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/x/oFk

gsh-0.1.1 0% help()

# COMMANDS

* addComposite(group, type, left group, right group)

* addGroup(parent, extension, displayExtension)

* addMember(group, subject id)

* addRootStem(extension, displayExtension)

* addStem(parent, extension, displayExtension)

* addSubject(id, type, name)

* delComposite(group)

* delGroup(name)

* delMember(group, subject id)

* delStem(name)

* exit

* findSubject(id)

* findSubject(id, type)

* findSubject(id, type, source)

* getGroupAttr(stem, attr)

* getGroups(name)

* getMembers(group)

* getSources()

* getStemAttr(stem, attr)

* getStems(name)

* grantPriv(name, subject id, Privilege)

* hasMember(group, subject id)

* hasPriv(name, subject id, Privilege)

* help()

* history()

* history(n)

* last()

* last(n)

* p(command)

* quit

* resetRegistry()

* registryInstall()     will insert default Grouper data if not there, e.g. root stem

* revokePriv(name, subject id, Privilege)

* setGroupAttr(stem, attr, value)

* setStemAttr(stem, attr, value)

* typeAdd(name)

* typeAddAttr(type, name, read, write, req)

* typeAddList(type, name, read, write)

* typeDel(name)

* typeDelField(type, name)

* typeFind(name)