grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] RE: [signet-dev] Re: Ldappc has been mavenized, need advice

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] RE: [signet-dev] Re: Ldappc has been mavenized, need advice

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: Neil Matatall <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] RE: [signet-dev] Re: Ldappc has been mavenized, need advice
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 23:05:02 -0500

Well, I don't want any project to mavenize that doesn't want to mavenize, but thanks for the nice comments.

I assume when you mention foreign-looking directories that you are either referring to the i2mi-repository directory or to the assembly, checkstyle, and site directories in the src directory. The former are a simple in-file Maven repository containing some jars we need that aren't in the standard Maven repository. The latter are files that configure the packaging for the deployment, binary, source, and site assemblies, configures the checkstyle format, and contains the wiki- like format for site documentation.

I'm not entirely happy with Maven/Apache's APT wiki-like format. I'd much rather use something else, but I haven't found anything I like better, except docbook, which is intensively complicated. And Apache is using APT, which means there's a lot of it out there and it will be well supported.

As far as maintenance goes, it's not much different than anything else.

-K