grouper-dev - grouper ddl

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

grouper ddl

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: grouper ddl
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 02:38:00 -0400

Hey,

Im wrapping up the ddl changes for grouper 1.4.  I was able to recreate the DB with the new way, and all unit tests pass (well, except the loader one which is not ready yet, will be soon).

Some notes / issues / todo’s:

- Explain the bootstrap

- Add hook to register other ddl apps

- Subject and subjectattribute tables (I can add a different “ddl app” which separates these out, and a config option to not sync them)

- If foreign keys or indexes are misnamed, they will be renamed (actually dropped and recreated)

- If there are old indexes (or extra ones), they will not be dropped

- grouper_ prefix constraint

- should grouper not start if there is a mismatch (in either direction)?

- how should the ant tasks work?  Option to log to file?  Which file, configured from grouper.properties?  Should it run the file?  Or use the sql ant task for that?

- I need to get rid of old schema export

- I need lots of help testing (make sure the DB is the same, and test on various dbs)

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Ddl+management

Here are the tables / indexes / foreign keys for 1.3… I will add grouper_loader_log, and the id col changes a little later.  (might need to wait for latest to propagate)

http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/grouper/src/grouper/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/ddl/GrouperDdl.java?root=I2MI&view=markup

Regards,

Chris

  • grouper ddl, Chris Hyzer, 07/23/2008