grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 9-July-2008

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 9-July-2008

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Emily Eisbruch <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 9-July-2008
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:30:30 -0400

> [AI] {All interested} Review the Grouper and I2MI-Common roadmaps, and
> discuss on the list, with a particular focus on whether the loader
> should be included in Grouper 1.4.

Anyone want to finally knock this one off? I thought we discussed the loader
at that one meeting a while back that Gary facilitated and thought that it
should be included in 1.4. Or is that a wishful memory?

Penn is using the loader in production right now. It is basic, but it is
useful for keeping db queries in sync with groups. We are using it for
single groups (e.g. we have a query that gives a list of 9k faculty, and the
loader keeps the faculty group in sync just fine). Also we use it for one
query that manages lists of groups. We are using this in a smaller scale.
We have a query that returns which employees are in which org, and the few
orgs we have in groups are in sync with this one query (handful of groups and
hundreds of members in the groups).

It is an up-and-coming feature of grouper, but it is useful and stable. As
need arises we can add more features.

Regarding the roadmap, is History and Audit also in 1.4?

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+Product+Roadmap