grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] organize the grouper java package structure

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] organize the grouper java package structure

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] organize the grouper java package structure
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:42:00 -0400

Regarding Kathryn’s response:

The history is still in CVS, its just not in that file’s history, its in the Attic.  If you don’t want to compare with a particular Attic version, you could checkout the project from the tag we use before making the change (or any tag or date), and have the same experience as what you describe (without the copy of the repository)…  if it didn’t work that way, moving a file would destroy other branches…  sound good?

Regarding TomZ’s response:

> Perhaps while were changing lots of things, we should change even more, such as bringing gsh and usdu (and the loader ?) into > the API ?

I think this would be useful.  I think GSH would require one more jar added to grouper, and the loader would too; usdu no more jars.  I think it would make everything more stable.  (i.e. have we tested that GSH 1.3.4 works with API 1.3.0?  Maybe we used a method in GSH 1.3.4 that was added in the API v1.3.2 and we don’t know until it fails for someone)…  also it would make refactoring and releases easier…  fewer build scripts to maintain, fewer binary zip files in cvs (gsh.zip), easier to run all unit tests at once, etc

For the UI and WS there are many more jars to add, so I can see why those would be separate…