grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper-Dev Call 9-Jul-2008

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper-Dev Call 9-Jul-2008

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Emily Eisbruch <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper-Dev Call 9-Jul-2008
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 14:03:19 -0400

> [AI] {Chris} will echo back the comments he
> received in the discussion about handling the id and uuid columns
> https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-98

The first step is to implement GRP-132, which we discussed today that I can
proceed with (an improved way to handle DB upgrades).

Then I will proceed with GRP-98 (unless anyone objects in the next week).

Here is the wiki page of the change:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Hibernate+ID%27s+and+versioning

Some things to mention from call:

1. Hibernate will generate the UUID, and it wont have dashes
2. All existing UUID will still be able to be used
3. To upgrade, the new DDL will give you the SQL to convert your DB.