Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

grouper-dev - Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 25-June-2008

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

List archive

Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 25-June-2008

Chronological Thread 
  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 25-June-2008
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:04:33 -0400

**Grouper Call 25-Jun-08**


Tom Barton, U. Chicago (chair)
Shilen Patel, Duke
Steve Barrett, Cornell U.
Kathryn Huxtable, Independent
Dave Donnelly, Stanford
Chris Hyzer, U. Penn
Bill Kasenchar, U. Penn
Tom Zeller, U. Memphis
Emily Eisbruch, Internet2 (scribe)

*Carryover Action Items*

[AI} {TomZ} will investigate using a relational method of representing changes for the audit/change log.

[AI] {Team} will move forward with JIRA items marked as “major” or “critical”

[AI] {All interested} Review the Grouper and I2MI-Common roadmaps, and discuss on the list, with a particular focus on whether the loader should be included in Grouper 1.4.


* Who’s Doing What *

TomB reviewed who in the Grouper WG is working on what projects.

- Chris is working on hooks.

- TomZ is working on the audit/change log. After that is complete, TomZ plans to move forward on the subject API 1.0

- Kathryn is working on LDAP PC and getting the new Signet 1.3 API integrated with it. Then Kathryn will leverage the audit/change log when it is ready.

- Shilen is involved in tuning things, including working on a bug with the effective memberships. He will likely finish that in the next 2 weeks. Shilen will discuss in phone conversation with TomB the next Jira issues to work on.

* Status on UI *

Kathryn presented a talk on Grouper and Signet at the recent Great Plains Networks Annual Meeting. She gave a demo of new UI, and it was well received.

Bill reported that at Penn users are not yet using the new UI.

* Change/Audit Log *

Is it better to use hooks or Grouper code for incorporating the change/audit log into Grouper? TomZ and Chris both favored the hooks approach to make the change/audit log more “pluggable.”
It was decided that TomZ could move ahead now with work on the audit/change log, without waiting for Chris to complete additional work on hooks. Hooks for groups and membership are already in place.

* Hooks *

The group endorsed the work Chris has done so far on hooks.

* JIRA *

There was a review of unassigned Grouper and I2MI-Common JIRA issues. Decisions and assignments included:

Grouper JIRA Assignments:
GRP 15: Shilen for Grouper 1.3.1
GRP 53: Shilen for (depends on GRP 136)
GRP 79: Shilen for post-Grouper 1.4
GRP 120: Gary for Grouper 1.3.1
GRP 114 : Shilen for Grouper 1.3.1
GRP 126: Gary for Grouper 1.3.1
I2MI-Common JIRA Assignments:
MCO-5: Kathryn
MCO-11: Kathryn says it’s resolved. Will ask Joy for feedback.
MCO-14: Kathryn
MCO-15: Kathryn
MCO-16: TomZ

* Ldappc *

Kathryn reported that the conversion of Ldappc to Apache Maven (instead of Apache Ant) is complete. The documentation still needs to be updated to refer to Maven. Grouper provisioning tests pass. Tests on Signet 1.3.0 are not successful, and Dave is looking at this.

Next call: Wed 9-Jul Noon EDT.

Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst

office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile: +1-734-604-5562

Internet2 Workshops
Hands-on. Brains-on.

  • Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 25-June-2008, Emily Eisbruch, 06/30/2008

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page