grouper-dev - ws operation of searching a group for a member by name

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

ws operation of searching a group for a member by name

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: ws operation of searching a group for a member by name
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:23:31 -0400

Hey,

Penn will not be able to search groups by member name in our ldap, so I was thinking of a web service operation.  It would take in a group id, an optional source, and a substring of a subject name or description (or attribute), and search the membership of the group for subjects that match the query.  (could also take in list name, membership type, etc)

This will be easy in our case since we have a jdbc source, and I can just join to memberships, and get everything back.  However, if the search were over multiple sources, or from ldap, then it isn’t as simple.  Would need to get all members, and search them against the source.  Or get all subjects from the source that match, and see if they are members.

Anyways, is this not something that has a place in grouper ws?  If not I can keep it separate and make it penn specific…

Ps. Obviously this would be for v1.4+ if anything…

  • ws operation of searching a group for a member by name, Chris Hyzer, 05/20/2008