Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Chris Hyzer <>
- To: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: grouper ui doctype
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:25:02 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
The current doctype for grouper ui is xhtml 1.0 strict. I was fixing a bug and noticed in the xhtml validator that there were a lot of problems regarding the xhtml strict that would not be problems in xhtml 1.0 transitional. So does anyone mind if we switch the grouper ui from xhtml strict doctype to xhtml transitional until we have time to address the problems with xhtml strict?
2. Cant have <img border=”0” (can fix with css)
3. Cant have <form name=”” (struts/custom tag generates this so Im not sure how to fix)
4. Cant do <form><input> (need to nest <input> inside another allowed tag, e.g. fieldset. If a hidden form element isn’t in a fieldset Im not too concened…)
Anyways, with the problem I was tracking down, there were 23 strict errors in the page (most of them not important, like the ones above), and half as many transitional errors (again, not all important), but there were no strict ones that were important that were not also transitional errors. For now since I don’t have time to make the UI XHTML valid for strict, I would like to switch to transitional. Once someone has bandwidth to make the XHTML code strict, we can move it back. Anyone disagree?
- grouper ui doctype, Chris Hyzer, 04/25/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.