grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper WS installation.

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper WS installation.

  • From: "caleb racey" <>
  • To: "Tom Barton" <>, "Sanjay Vivek" <>
  • Cc: "Grouper Dev" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Grouper WS installation.
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:47:31 +0100

I believe the error message is diagnostic that the initial grouper webservice
sanjay was trying to use was compiled against a hibernate2 based api
(1.2.0). The net.sf.hibernate prefix is hibernate2, with hibernate3 the
prefix changes to org.hibernate. I think this is fixed by compiling against
a newer api version though sanjay will be able to confirm.

IIRC most of the dialect variants for mysql from hib3 aren't present in hib2,
certainly mysql5 wasn't there when i last looked. I believe the upgrade
from hib2 to hib3 in 1.3 will enable easy out of the box use with mysql5 and
we shall certainly be testing this on release, being a mysql5 shop.

hope this clears up the confusion

regards

Cal