grouper-dev - Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 2-April-08

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 2-April-08

  • From: Steve Olshansky <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Draft Minutes: Grouper Call 2-April-08
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:02:38 -0600

**Grouper Call 2-April-08**

**Attending**
Tom Barton, U. Chicago (chair)
Gary Brown, Bristol U. (UK)
Caleb Racey, Newcastle U. (UK)
Joy Veronneau, Cornell U.
Steve Edgar, Cornell U.
James Cramton, Brown U.
Chris Hyzer, U. Penn
Kathryn Huxtable, Independent
Tom Zeller, U. Memphis
Bill Kasenchar, U. Penn
Steve Barrett, Cornell U.
Shilen Patel, Duke U.
Dave Donnelly, Stanford U.
RL "Bob" Morgan, U. Washington
Steve Olshansky, Internet2 (scribe)

**New Action Items**
[AI] (TomZ) will creating a new Eclipse project(s) in CVS as needed for current work.

[AI] (anyone interested in contributing to the documentation) contact SteveO and TomB to coordinate before making any substantive changes, if you have not already done so.

*Carryover Action Items*
[AI] (Kathryn) will document her performance tuning analysis and send to the Grouper and Signet dev lists

**Discussion**
- Readying v1.3.0
The UI work is nearing completion. In the interest of expedience the developers will be making some informed choices about terminology etc. Since there will be at least one release candidate (RC) there will be an opportunity for feedback at that time.

- Open issues
<https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP>, then click on "Road Map"
<https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/MCO>

The group discussed some of the open issues, with a view towards prioritizing them for the upcoming v1.3.0 release. Changes in status will be reflected in Jira.

There was discussion about Eclipse, and the fact that nested projects are not an option. Thus some work needs to be separated out as appropriate into new projects.

[AI] (TomZ) will creating a new Eclipse project(s) in CVS as needed for current work.

- Ldappc v1.1
Kathryn reviewed changes and new features included in the upcoming revision, which will be documented and included in the release.

- Documentation
. adding grouper-ws to the product documentation page
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+Product>

What changes or additions to the documentation in the wiki are needed in the near term in preparation for the upcoming release? The group discussed a variety of items that ought to be added. Everyone is encouraged to review the existing documentation with an eye toward readability and completeness. It was noted that we intend to preserve documentation for prior releases.

[AI] (anyone interested in contributing to the documentation) contact SteveO and TomB to coordinate before making any substantive changes, if you have not already done so.

Updated Ldappc docs will be in the I2MI Common section of the wiki, rather than in the Grouper space.
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/i2miCommon/Home>

*Release date*
The code freeze is set for 16-April, with a target release date of 18-April for v1.3.0 RC1

There was some discussion of RDBMS (flavor) support required, and that we are relying on deployers and early adopters to provide feedback about their experience and requirements for their particular environment

*Combined Signet/Grouper WG session at I2 meeting*
April 21, 2008, 1:30-3:00 PM
http://events.internet2.edu/2008/spring-mm/sessionDetails.cfm?session=3739&event=280

--
Steve Olshansky
Internet2 Middleware & Security Flywheel