grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:48:05 -0800 (PST)

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+Rest+Web+Services

Now moved to

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Groups-Lite+Web+Services

apparently.

As I've mentioned, our team here has been working on a RESTful interface to our emerging groups service. This does not today use Grouper for group storage (it works directly against an LDAP DS) and management, but I am very interested in moving in this direction. So, I'd really like to see convergence between what we've done here and the proposed RESTful or Lite Grouper protocol interface. I think we're pretty close. I think I can get some time from the team here to make specific proposals about this in the next couple of weeks if not sooner. In the meantime, the still-being-worked-on documentation page for the UW RESTful groups interface is here:

https://wiki.cac.washington.edu/display/groups/Groups+WebService+Users+Guide

If anyone in grouper-land would like to try out our pilot implementation we'd be happy to provide an id to do so.

- RL "Bob"

  • RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services, RL 'Bob' Morgan, 03/05/2008