grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] real rest web services
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:09:54 -0500

Scotty,
Fyi, I am really trying to work with you here. :)

> If this is still using Axis' "RESTful" interface, then it's not going
> to be RESTful by any widely accepted definition.

Oh, I have thrown all hopes of labeling that as REST long ago. :) It's not.
It is custom. It is a layer on top of that.

> > The REST default HTTP interface is POST.

No problem, I moved the operation from the URL to the http method...

Now are they REST?

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+Rest+Web+Services

Let me know any other feedback, and/or edit the doc directly, or if you don't
have access, take any operations and let me know exactly what you want it to
look like (keeping in mind that we want this to be a Lite version which
avoids complexity).

Kind regards,