grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc provisioning permission infomation about groups

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc provisioning permission infomation about groups

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Allen Chen <>
  • Cc: grouper-dev <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc provisioning permission infomation about groups
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:10:31 -0600

<CCing grouper-users, where this question best belongs.>

Ldappc provisions permissions for all subject types using the same LDAP
schema, so to use the stored-as=string method you'll need to endow your
LDAP group entries with an appropriate objectclass (like eduPerson). If
I recall correctly, if you declare a 'string-object-class' value, then
ldappc will attempt to add that value to the entry's 'objectclass'
attribute if it is missing. If so, then you can use an auxiliary
objectclass containing a permissions-listing attribute (like eduPerson
containing eduPersonEntitlement) so that subjects' LDAP entries need
have no prior permissions-related objectclass.

Tom