grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Performance of Group Searches

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Performance of Group Searches

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Performance of Group Searches
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:31:10 -0400

FWIW - this is what most LDAP servers do. As we continue down these performance
paths - I think we can learn a lot from the techniques of LDAP servers (fairly
well documented by both Sun and OpenLDAP) and apply them to Grouper. Space/time
trade-offs are a big issue for LDAP and as long as the right control knobs are
there for caching (and negating the cache when modifications happen for appropriate
operations) then caching as much as possible is the right way to go.

Nice work Shilen!

/mrg