grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] LDAPpc performance & error log report

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] LDAPpc performance & error log report

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] LDAPpc performance & error log report
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:16:28 -0400

I have not read the gory details on the wiki but the reads & writes being
a constraining factor should be a significant concern. How much modification
of the directory are you performing (number of LDAP write operations?) versus
reading? Are you sure your indexing and caching parameters are properly set?
Evaluating cache hit ratios during normal operation and then a grouper run
would also be useful. I hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion.

/mrg