grouper-dev - API Issues

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

API Issues

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: grouper-dev <>
  • Subject: API Issues
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:28:39 -0500

After reviewing the mailing list traffic from the past few weeks along
with some of my own notes, I've created new issues in Jira [0] for the
API problem areas that have recently come to light. There has been a
lot of useful list traffic lately so I might have missed something; if
so please point that out.

I've listed the issues by order in which they were added to Jira, not
their priority or estimated completion date. Comments on are desired
ordering priority would be appreciated.

* [GRP-6] API Subject caching no longer caching everything that it
should. This could generate an increased amount of queries to your
Subject sources (e.g. LDAP).
* [GRP-7] Add methods for finding child stems and groups where a
Subject has the specified access or naming privileges
* [GRP-8] Provide entity relationship diagram
* [GRP-9] A number of methods for retrieving groups by attribute cause
full table scans. Document methods where this is the situation and
provide alternates where possible.
* [GRP-10] Modify Membership indices based upon recommendations from Duke
* [GRP-11] StemFinder#internal_isChild generates a large amount of
spurious logging
* [GRP-12] Poor integration with Ldappc: subordinate-stem-query causes
a full table scan
* [GRP-13] Poor integration with Ldappc: attribute-matching-queries
causes a full table scan
* [GRP-14] Poor integration with Ldappc: Null DTO error message causes
Ldappc runs to fail

[0]: <https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP>

  • API Issues, blair christensen., 07/23/2007