grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Re: Ldappc issues

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Re: Ldappc issues

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: "" <>, Jeff Van Eeuwen <>, <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Re: Ldappc issues
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 16:22:24 -0600

I have a rather functional version of rdbpc now. I'm attaching a sample
rdbpc.xml configuration file so you can see what it does.

I need to write a test suite and then I can release this back to Internet2.

I used Maven2 as a build tool, which I know is not the I2 way, but it's what
I use.

If anyone is interested in this in advance of my writing a test suite, let
me know.

-K

On 1/31/07 4:36 PM, "Kathryn Huxtable"

> Okay, I have a very preliminary version of ldappc, which I have renamed to
> rdbpc. It provisions tables in an RDBMS. I can run through a provisioning
> cycle with nothing to do in about 30 seconds.
>
> I am no longer interested in provisioning LDAP from Grouper and Signet. I'll
> provision my Oracle tables and then provision LDAP from there using my
> current provisioning software.
>
> When I have this in such shape that I'm willing to run it in production,
> I'll release it to I2. I have used the edu.internet2.middleware.rdbpc
> package name. I can change this if that's desired.
>
> -K
>

> On 1/30/07 9:12 AM, "Kathryn Huxtable"
> <>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes. The objectClass attribute is indexed by default, and I indexed
>> eduPersonPrincipalName, which is what I'm using for a subject search. My
>> RDN
>> is my person registry key, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I use it
>> or
>> the EPPN as a subject search. Both are indexed.
>>
>> -K
>>

>> On 1/30/07 8:53 AM, "Jeff Van Eeuwen"
>> <>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Kathryn
>>>
>>> Since the time is spent looking for subject DNs, are there indexes defined
>>> for
>>> the attributes used in the filter defined in the source-subject-identifier
>>> section of the configuration file? (I assume there are given that
>>> isMemberOf
>>> is indexed)
>>>
>>> Jeff

  • Re: [grouper-dev] Re: Ldappc issues, Kathryn Huxtable, 02/06/2007