grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-users] oops with Ldappc v1.0

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-users] oops with Ldappc v1.0

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Grouper Users <>, Signet Users <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>, Signet <>, Gil Singer <>, Jeff VanEeuwin <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] oops with Ldappc v1.0
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:05:08 -0600

On 1/13/07 10:07 AM, "Tom Barton"
> Those intrepids who have already downloaded Ldappc v1.0, I ask that you
> download the tarball again or check it out of cvs again. It seems that I
> messed up several files while "fixing" the copyright statements in all
> source files, and my fix has now been fixed.
>
> Thanks to KathrynH for her vigilance!
>
> Tom

In general, this looks good. I have built it, but not tried it out yet. I've
been looking over the documentation. (I'm not a fan of putting the main
documentation in Javadoc, but whatever...)

I have two initial questions:

1) can we run multiple copies of ldappc to provision two separate
directories, e.g. a SunJava directory server for most uses and an Active
Directory server for our Exchange distribution lists? Will they collide in
any way?

I guess I'm asking how ldappc knows that a change has occurred in Grouper or
Signet.

2) Are there any plans for a JDBC source connector configuration in this? We
don't generally use JNDI for our sources. We *can*, but I'm not sure why
we'd want to.

-K

  • oops with Ldappc v1.0, Tom Barton, 01/13/2007
    • Re: [grouper-users] oops with Ldappc v1.0, Kathryn Huxtable, 01/15/2007