grouper-dev - JNDI subject source checked in

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

JNDI subject source checked in

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Cc: Ellen Sluss <>
  • Subject: JNDI subject source checked in
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:51:33 -0600

A new JNDISourceAdapter and JNDISubject have been checked in to cvs, along with corresponding enhancements to BaseSourceAdapter, Search, and SourceManager. A new sources.xml containing example configuration elements for all three current source adapter types (JDBC, JNDI, & Grouper) has also been checked in. This work was done by Ellen Sluss, a currently unemployed java developer who formerly did identity management related java development for the University of Memphis (and she's my wife!).

Before checking these in I tagged the previous subject sources as SUBJECT_0_1. The new and revised sources are in HEAD.

The JNDISourceAdapter relies on extensions to BaseSourceAdapter that enable a deployer to configure several aspects of how a Subject object should be mapped to the information model in the JNDI backend system, and how Source searches are mapped to JNDI backend specific searches. New <source> element <init-param>'s in sources.xml identify which backend attributetype's value is returned by Subject.getId(), by Subject.getName(), and by Subject.getDescription(). A new configuration element called <search> has been defined to declare how each of the three Subject search methods (getSubject(), getSubjectByIdentifier(), and search()) are performed against the JNDI backend.

I have a grouper instance running using the sources.xml file that's been checked in. In particular, it has a JDBC source of type 'person' and a JNDI source of type 'person'. It appears to work fine, modulo a minor UI presentation issues that have surfaced, effectively because this is the first time that we've ever used the Subject API without the backend schema being determined by the SourceAdapter. I anticipate that this will be easily addressed. Of course, your mileage may vary!

Tom

  • JNDI subject source checked in, Tom Barton, 03/12/2006