Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper interoperability with Liberty Alliance's People Service
- From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
- To: Erik Vullings <>
- Cc: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper interoperability with Liberty Alliance's People Service
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:06:01 -0800 (PST)
I'm not sure what the useful intersection would be. Grouper has a UI and database, but doesn't at this point have a protocol interface; group info managed in Grouper would be exported to a directory or other system for consumption by apps. The People Service, among other things, defines WSDL for group management, so perhaps supporting that interface in Grouper would be useful. I suspect a real People Service implementation would require a lot functionality than Grouper provides (ie, more than just groups stuff), so I don't know if supporting this interface would actually accomplish much. People Service of course is a brand new thing, and is targeted at supporting the brave new world of social software. Grouper I would say is much more traditional and modest in scope. But this may be something to look at in the future.
- RL "Bob"
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Erik Vullings wrote:
Quick question: I was wondering whether Grouper is going to interoperate
with the new People Service specification, which is part of Liberty
- Grouper interoperability with Liberty Alliance's People Service, Erik Vullings, 01/23/2006
- Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper interoperability with Liberty Alliance's People Service, RL 'Bob' Morgan, 01/23/2006
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.