grouper-dev - Grouper 0.9 Progress report

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Grouper 0.9 Progress report

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Grouper 0.9 Progress report
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:55:50 +0000

As there is no call we thought it would be worth sending an update:

Grouper 0.9 progress report - blair
-----------------------------------
# Feature Freeze

I've just tagged CVS with `GROUPER_0_9_FEATURE_FREEZE`.

Things I need to do still before releasing:
* Additional testing (unit tests, with different databases and platforms, etc)
* Update some documentation
* Update contrib

# Release Date

My target is packaging up a release next Monday, 20051219. As I go on
vacation for the rest of the month later that week, the API release
date (unless there are major bugs, the world ends, etc) can't be
delayed much past Monday unless there is really good reason.

Grouper 0.9 UI progress report - Gary
-------------------------------------
I have changed most UI code to reflect the 0.9 API changes. Still outstanding are:
1) Proper support for the GrouperAll subject
2) Proper support for the Wheel group (not sure if this will be in 0.9)
3) Group / Stem searching

I have some support for GrouperAll and once I have added Group / Stem searching I will package a QuickStart for UI testers (Tom, Bob and Joy). I hope to do this before Friday.

Currently, when listing members or privilegees, 'duplicates' are shown. I want a Subject to appear once and will aim to do this by the end of the week.

Depending on feedback I would hope to package a release for the 21st or 22nd December.

Some of the major changes from 0.6 are:
1) Search Subjects menu item - for Subject centric use cases
2) It is possible to see how effective memberships and privileges are derived
3) The menu is now driven by an XML file and a media property, and has a Strut's controller
4) The main browse modes relating to menu items can be customised and new modes added
5) A site can add multiple CSS stylesheets and can configure the UI to omit the Grouper CSS files.
6) Some re-organisation of the main template facilitate site specific customisations.

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing

  • Grouper 0.9 Progress report, GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing, 12/14/2005