grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper 0.5.6 build issue - test suite failure

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper 0.5.6 build issue - test suite failure

  • From: blair christensen <>
  • To: Simon McLeish <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper 0.5.6 build issue - test suite failure
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:48:04 -0700

On 2005.06.09 16:20, Simon McLeish wrote:
> I've been trying to build grouper against the postgres database; I've
> created working schema and test data files, and ant build and ant db-
> init run fine to create the database.

As I haven't had a chance to test against Postgres yet, I'd be curious
to see the schema files that you are using.

> I presume this means that the hsqldb URI is hardcoded somewhere rather
> than picked up from the build.xml file where I put the equivalent
> postgres URI (and the lock file part of the error is present because the
> previous tests didn't complete). If I'm wrong and there's a fix, could
> you let me know?

As Gary mentioned, the JDBC configuration should be done in
_conf/hibernate.properties_. There were some legacy JDBC settings in
_build.xml_ that were used for launching the HSQLDB gui. I've just now
removed those and the need for them.

As for testing against a non-HSQDLB database, there are basic
instructions in section 4.1.2 of _doc/grouper-impl-guide.html_. It is
still rather hackish but you will need to:

* Modify Grouper's Hibernate configuration file
($GROUPER_BASE/conf/hibernate.properties) to connect to your RDBMS
* Create $GROUPER_BASE/sql/schema-$YOUR_DB_TYPE.sql
* Create $GROUPER_BASE/sql/test-data-$YOUR_DB_TYPE.sql
* Set sql.type to $YOUR_DB_TYPE in $GROUPER_BASE/build.xml