grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Call, Wednesday, 09 February 2005, 1200EST (1700Z), 60 minutes

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Call, Wednesday, 09 February 2005, 1200EST (1700Z), 60 minutes

  • From: blair christensen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper Call, Wednesday, 09 February 2005, 1200EST (1700Z), 60 minutes
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 05:52:40 -0800

On 2005.02.08 08:21, blair christensen wrote:
> 5. Grouper 0.6 feature freeze/prioritization and release scheduling
>
> I will be sending out an updated roadmap (of feature possibilities)
> before the call. I believe Gary is working on a minimal 0.6
> feature set necessary to support the initial UI release.

(Pulled from the doc/ROADMAP [0] file in cvs)

The items are not necessarily ordered or prioritized. The S&B items
are roughly ordered as they were in the Search & Browse doc. [1]

# Grouper 0.6

"initial UI release, supporting Phase 1 functionality"

* Improved group type support (multiple types, type addition|removal,
custom types) (#269, #271, #272)
* Improved Subject interface
* Full implementations of the privilege interfaces along with internal
hooks for calling privilege checks
* Proper schema validation (#267)
* Search by the set of groups to which a given subject is an immediate
member can be listed [S&B#9]
* Search by the set of groups to which a given subject is an effective
member can be listed [S&B#10]
* Search all groups with a given stem [S&B#3]
* Search all namespaces within a given stem [S&B#4]
* Search by the set of groups or namespaces created or modified by a
specified subject [S&B#12]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of
groups [S&B#1]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of
namespaces [S&B#2]
* Search by the extension or displayExtension attributes of groups
scoped to groups with a given stem [S&B#5]
* Search by the extension or displayExtension attributes of
namespaces scoped to namespaces with a given stem [S&B#6]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of groups
scoped to groups within a namespace subordinate to a given
stem [S&B#7]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of
namespaces scoped to namespaces subordinate to a given stem [S&B#8]
* Search by arbitrary attribute
* Search scope (all namespaces, children of given stem, namespace
tree rooted at given stem)
* Search limits
* Support for displayName and displayExtension (#270)
* Ability to rename subjectIDs
* Ability to rename groups (#262)
* Ability to remove members from grouper_member table
* Improved, expanded and more consistent logging policy (#226)
* Internal refactoring (Significant, I hope)
* Improved database support and usage

[0]
<http://anoncvs.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grouper/doc/ROADMAP?cvsroot=I2MI>
[1]