Subject: InCommon Virtual Grouper School: September 27-30, 2022
[group-2022-09] Upcoming InCommon Grouper School Virtual Training: Sept. 19-30
- From: Sue Gavazzi <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: [group-2022-09] Upcoming InCommon Grouper School Virtual Training: Sept. 19-30
- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:10:20 +0000
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=0z3ldu4/ggPXexwu+oflAeWJNcnyFqViyVrUwjzBH5s=; b=NiwWhVn1Uy72+kA9A5wp+/tc9P5ckTU5g3/g4H+tpIuLE1udt5iWShgcjB95vUe/yFz3laFzkDTfwhqB/57WA4TOHhPH8beaIAOh6RFp9djtrn+Nxoc2APE+Qzag7tInlYz8wRQhzJ7Gv4859OWtb2WOH9dJT3sa8PMF/2Twb+aHDKFG5Px3CZMNL553D0evHrwAH070QpZuB0S6TF3JEBRVfBw+eYVSoAyUwx645LuuyrTPL/WuU+HoA8yeDqhzRRc/pVfYm98HdCAnoeMHNojqehygsX7IeQR6MRzISJ3CfKMXplxOxBpqg5nKyq0DdxA09TKgheBWgBeXuo7XzA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=HPItZpNUgd4ukJpa4RSCJjisYIEXUXagPD1/RM5xiHgpOjXmwsH8MyUY0LddVs/mHI9CUqDK/d7XkThU2ek2NqHOHdX7TPlu+8oigGkeu9drg4ZzJiRSqh7OZ6BNaQ/wJpHTjQR5zhpWI2vr4GBDefWZtZs4nb6IrVnw7DwyArKekw/gdcwT76lyhhklAH+olhc26n3Hn80QjMSz2Kj0YBQ0KHHuIWHlUErdZga2+taUfhBehVag8EXFNBq26iImJTW0Jrn9o+qfnkl8IMVqilRlfa8U7k4iP+p8WNBkJi1Ow7jsdLGvuoifzOa+1zD5yHVIpJ4n4FERbG1c2Egc7A==
InCommon Grouper School Workshop
Week One: Sept 19-23, 2022 (self-paced)
Live Office Hours: Friday, Sept 23, from 1:00 - 3:00 ET
Week Two: Sept 27-30, 2022
Live Office Hours: Daily from 12:00 - 5:00 ET
You are receiving this note because you registered for the upcoming virtual InCommon Grouper School Training Workshop. Here is some important information to make your experience productive and enjoyable.
After receiving this email, you will receive calendar invitations that include the Zoom coordinates for the class. You have already been invited to join the class Slack channel named grouper-school-sept2022.
This course is a blend of self-paced learning and live interactive instruction. Week One is self-paced (plan for up to 16 hours of time) and Week Two will include live instruction. Details are included below.
Access to Content
This training workshop’s content is hosted in Canvas.
1. Log into Canvas:
If you haven’t already done so, log into Canvas to access the content for Grouper School.
Please note you will not have access to any of the modules until Monday, September 19th!
For recent enrollees, it can take a few hours for you to be provisioned to Canvas. If you’re outside of that window, please let us know if you run into any problems getting signed in.
2. Key Access Dates:
Below is a list of access dates and activities:
No later than Monday, Sept 19th:
· Access to a dedicated Slack channel for the course (feel free to begin chatting right away!)
· Follow the Canvas login instructions from above so we can add you to the class prior to the first day.
Monday, Sept 19:
· Attend the course overview session (30 minutes) from 12:00 - 12:30 ET
· Access to course materials (modules 0 - 2) opens
o Begin self-paced learning
o Start to dig into the Grouper Deployment Guide
· Access to a virtual machine
Friday, Sept 23:
· Complete self-paced learning
· Attend optional virtual office hours with instructors from 1:00 - 3:00 ET to discuss content in exercises from modules 0 - 2.
Monday, Sept 26:
· Access to course materials (modules 3 - 7) opens
Tuesday, Sept 27- Friday, Sept 30:
· Attend virtual live class with the instructors daily from 12:00 - 5:00 ET
Note: this is an estimated schedule and may vary depending on class pace
o Tuesday: module 3
o Wednesday: modules 4 & 5
o Thursday: module 6
o Friday: module 7
· Provide feedback on this course
Friday, Oct 14:
· Access to VM terminates
· The dedicated Slack channel for the course terminates
Friday, Dec 23:
· Access to Canvas course materials terminates
You should have received an invitation to join the class’s dedicated Slack channel. This is our primary mode of communication and our instructors watch this channel closely. Please feel free to ask questions there, provide course feedback, or share a picture of your lunch. The options are endless!
We’ll deliver our classes live during week two via Zoom. You’ll find the call coordinates in a calendar invite and also in Canvas. We’d love to see your smiling faces! If you are comfy, the use of your cameras is wonderful and appreciated. It’s helpful to have a face to put with a name and it’s helpful for us to assess understanding and pace.
If you have any questions about the workshop or its technical content, please send a note to . You can also use the Slack channel named grouper-school-sept2022 for an even faster response. :)
We have two fantastic instructors (Chris Hyzer and Chad Redman) who are very much looking forward to meeting you all!
- [group-2022-09] Upcoming InCommon Grouper School Virtual Training: Sept. 19-30, Sue Gavazzi, 09/12/2022
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.