fall10fedidci - [fall10fedidci] attendee info for Nov 4-5 Fed ID for CI workshop

Subject: Federated Identity for Cyberinfrastructure

[fall10fedidci] attendee info for Nov 4-5 Fed ID for CI workshop

  • From: Jim Basney <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [fall10fedidci] attendee info for Nov 4-5 Fed ID for CI workshop
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:16:21 -0500

Hello,

Thank you for registering for the Nov 4-5 Federated Identity for
CyberInfrastructure workshop.

We're excited that we've received so many registrations. The workshop is
now full, so if you're not able to attend, please see below about
canceling your registration so we can accommodate additional attendees.

Please review the workshop information below and check the workshop web
site (http://workshops.cilogon.org/2010) for the most up-to-date
workshop information. I look forward to seeing you next week in Atlanta.

-Jim

Workshop on Federated Identity for CyberInfrastructure
Co-located with the 2010 Internet2 Fall Member Meeting
November 4-5, 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia
http://workshops.cilogon.org/2010

WORKSHOP PREPARATION

In preparation for the workshop, please think about the top challenges
(or "pain points") you see for using federated identity with
cyberinfrastructure. We'll begin the workshop with a panel discussion on
this topic, and we hope for your active participation. If you are
interested in giving an (informal) "lightning talk" on this (or another)
topic, please contact
.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND

If you are unable to attend the workshop, please contact

to cancel your registration. We have
reached our maximum number of attendees, so if you are unable to attend,
please let us know so we can accommodate additional attendees.

THURSDAY LUNCH

Registered workshop attendees are invited to a gourmet deli buffet lunch
in the Ascot room on the 2nd floor of the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly
Hotel from 11:45-1:15 on Thursday. Please note that this lunch is open
to registered workshop attendees only, and we do not have space to
accommodate any extra guests at lunch.

WORKSHOP TIMES & LOCATION

The workshop will begin at 1:15 on Thursday and end at noon on Friday.
All workshop sessions will be held in the Chancellor I/II room on the
2nd floor of the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel. Please see
<http://workshops.cilogon.org/2010/schedule> for the full schedule.

WORKSHOP FORMAT

Each workshop session will begin with a series of short presentations
followed by panel discussions. Please save your comments and questions
during the presentations for the panel discussion time, to ensure we
proceed quickly through the presentations and have sufficient time for
productive panel discussions. We will post links to slides and other
materials at <http://workshops.cilogon.org/2010/schedule>.

FOR MORE INFORMATION

For more information, please check the workshop web site
(http://workshops.cilogon.org/2010) and/or contact
.

  • [fall10fedidci] attendee info for Nov 4-5 Fed ID for CI workshop, Jim Basney, 10/28/2010