ctw-announce - [ctw-announce] Registration Open: Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education Workshop

Subject: Announcements about Community Technical Workshops

[ctw-announce] Registration Open: Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education Workshop

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [ctw-announce] Registration Open: Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education Workshop
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:53:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Greetings,

Internet2 is hosting a Focused Technical Workshop on Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education - please register here. This workshop, hosted immediately following our Global Summit in Washington DC on 4/30-5/1, is part of an ongoing effort to both educate and convene the community on the topic of real-time collaboration technologies. We will discuss current technologies and implementations, and also have interactive conversations on the barriers to broader adoption of these technologies and potential solutions. Topics will include the following:

  • Why Bother With IP Video and Voice?
  • Barriers to Adoption
  • Components: Pieces of the Puzzle
  • Signaling and Dialing: Where the Magic Happens
  • Global Collaboration with NRENum.net
  • Cloud Solutions
  • Real-time Collaboration Community Architecture
  • Interactive Session: Designing a Forward-Looking Community Architecture
  • Advanced Applications

Please consider joining us for this exciting conversation by registering here: https://meetings.internet2.edu/2015-ftw-real-time-collaboration-in-r-and-e/

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best,
Ben

Benjamin J. Fineman
Program Manager, Video Services
Internet2

(email/video/chat)
Come visit the new internet2.edu!

734.352.4975 (desk)
734.417.0811 (mobile)

  • [ctw-announce] Registration Open: Real-time Collaboration in Research and Education Workshop, Ben Fineman, 03/20/2015