ctw-announce - [ctw-announce] Re: perfSONAR Workshop in January 2015

Subject: Announcements about Community Technical Workshops

[ctw-announce] Re: perfSONAR Workshop in January 2015

  • From: Susan Evett <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>
  • Cc: "Gilmore, Kevin" <>, "Blackford, Lucy" <>
  • Subject: [ctw-announce] Re: perfSONAR Workshop in January 2015
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:21:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

All,

OARnet will host an Internet2 Focused Technical Workshop (FTW) entitled, “perfSONAR Deployment Best Practices, Architecture, and Moving the Needle” in Columbus, OH on January 21-22, 2015. This FTW will focus on a number of operational aspects of deploying and using perfSONAR.

  • Day 1 will be a tutorial on how to install, configure, and use perfSONAR and the perfSONAR dashboard.
  • Day 2 will include presentations from those currently running large perfSONAR test meshes, and will focus on best practices and future growth. Topics to be discussed will include scalability issues, who can and should test to who, local and regional deployment strategies, and so on. Use of perfSONAR in an SDN environment will also be discussed.

AGENDA: We have extended the deadline for proposals; if you would like to participate in the agenda, you can submit proposals here: https://www.internet2.edu/portal/meetings/2015-ftw-perfsonar-deployment-best-practices/proposals/new   Proposals will be evaluated by a program committee and are due by DECEMBER 12, 2014.  We expect a draft agenda to be posted by December 17, 2014.

REGISTER: For those interested in attending, please register HERE! **Please note that space is limited to 50 and registration will be closed when full. The current ROSTER is posted. **

LOCATION: Meeting will be held at the OARnet offices (1224 Kinnear Rd.); information on event location and local hotel options is available HERE.

We look forward to seeing you at this important community forum!